Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Saturday, 8 March 2014
Health Care Crisis Looms
The Healthcare Crisis of the Century
It’s hardly a state secret that we Americans are getting old. Both in raw numbers and as a percentage of the overall population, the 65+ cohort is growing rapidly as the baby boomers slide into retirement.
On the plus side, these data confirm that more Americans are living to a ripe old age than ever before—many of them in good health well into their seventies and eighties.
But all too often, with age comes susceptibility to ever more serious ailments and a diminishing quality of life—especially if you contract a disease that obliterates your innate sense of self and destroys everything that makes life worth living.
That’s what Alzheimer’s disease does. This most common type of dementia was first described by the German physician Dr. Alois Alzheimer more than a century ago… but to this day science isn’t sure what exactly it is and what causes it.
It is also increasing in incidence, as would be expected with an aging population:
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (98)
- PwC Sued $1B - Can We Trust Numbers?
- SPECIAL REPORT #2: OVERPOPULATION IN AMERICA - 18 ...
- SPECIAL REPORT #1: OVERPOPULATION IN AMERICA - 18 ...
- Ukraine Crisis Grows - NO FUEL!
- **International Feature** Is Dow Jones Index a Ho...
- Masters of the Universe - Federal Reserve
- Humanity - The Destroyer of Worlds
- Marc Faber - Can't Trust Numbers
- Logistics Contagion Sparks Economic Crash - David ...
- Former US Senator Says 2008 Crisis Possible
- Trade Sanctions Spur Global Crash
- MARKET ALERT - China in Trouble - Bonds Default!
- California Dreams STEAM
- Buffets Predicts Collapse Someday???
- Are We Heading To WW III?
- Jim Rogers:Why Gold Fell in 2013
- Marc Faber; Gold Better Than S&P
- Health Care Crisis Looms
- The Wealth of Planets
- ▼ March (19)