Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 29 June 2015
GREECE "NO DEAL" Bank Panic Expected Monday, & More
Banks will remain shut until at least after a July 5 referendum called by Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on whether to accept austerity in exchange for a European bailout, Kathemerini newspaper reported, citing unnamed sources.
Paul Craig Roberts joins the show today to discuss Greece’s possible credit default and its implications, the ongoing tensions between Russia and America, and the U.S. bond market bubble
"The Greek authorities have asked for a month extension. But in that month there can be no disbursements," he said. "How does the Greek government think that it will survive and deal with its problems in that period? I do not know," Dijsselbloem said.
Previous sharp drops in the stock markets this year have been quickly countered by optimistic statements in state-controlled media. But Saturday’s moves, which included the fourth reduction in interest rates since last November, were unusual in so closely following a stock market nose-dive.
The BP report also shows China’s energy demand is growing at the slowest pace since the Asian Financial Crisis in the 1990s as the communist nation suffers a slowing of its economy and tries to reduce its reliance on heavy industry, Bloomberg reported
It is impossible to wean an economy that relies on debt and leverage for its "growth" of excessive debt and leverage.
The phrase famously appears in William Butler Yeats' 1919 poem, The Second Coming:
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
More Leading Global Headlines
- ► 2016 (135)
- What A Mess, Greece, China, Bonds, Brazil, Water ....
- GREECE "NO DEAL" Bank Panic Expected Monday, & Mor...
- Showdown For Greece This Weekend? - & More
- BRAZIL Hit By Wave Of Loan Defaults, & More
- TOP Economists Certain of Australian Housing Bubbl...
- Policies Aimed At Wealth And Economic Destruction ...
- Is Deutsche Bank Following Lehman? & More...
- Wall Street Unmoved By Trade Deal Setback & More
- Street Talk: Global Bond Plunge Could Trigger 50%+...
- Canada's Economy Faces Massive Debt Collapse
- Goldman Sachs Warns Brazil Heading For Deep Troubl...
- Chinese Imports Plunge 17.6% Signaling Huge econom...
- Marc Faber: Economic Iceberg Dead Ahead
- America at the Brink - Free Trade Archaic Policy R...
- Currency Watch: #Japan Yens (sic) Better Days - #F...
- Bloomberg #NEWS - US Stocks Uncharted Waters; Cras...
- NEW Shanghai Tower Means End Nearing
- OCED Warns Australia Housing To Crash
- Billions Lost As Global Bonds Crash
- REALECONOMIK - Existential Insights Governing Phys...
- STOP “Trade” (Immigration Flood) Deal!
- ▼ June (21)