Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Wednesday, 10 June 2015
NEW Shanghai Tower Means End Nearing
Why this 2,073-foot Chinese building could be an omen of economic doom
Nothing suggests the height of human achievement and economic prowess quite like a skyscraper.
The newly completed 2,073-foot-tall Shanghai Tower is officially the second-tallest building in the world (behind Dubai's Burj Khalifa) and the tallest in China.
And taller skyscrapers are planned, such as China's Sky City and Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Tower.
But as "cool" as all of these buildings are, glitzy construction booms have historically coincided with the beginnings of economic downturns, according to Barclays' "Skyscraper Index." (For all you economics wonks out there, basically, skyscrapers can be considered a sentiment indicator.) Read More.
OMG - Tokyo 1987?
- ► 2016 (135)
- What A Mess, Greece, China, Bonds, Brazil, Water ....
- GREECE "NO DEAL" Bank Panic Expected Monday, & Mor...
- Showdown For Greece This Weekend? - & More
- BRAZIL Hit By Wave Of Loan Defaults, & More
- TOP Economists Certain of Australian Housing Bubbl...
- Policies Aimed At Wealth And Economic Destruction ...
- Is Deutsche Bank Following Lehman? & More...
- Wall Street Unmoved By Trade Deal Setback & More
- Street Talk: Global Bond Plunge Could Trigger 50%+...
- Canada's Economy Faces Massive Debt Collapse
- Goldman Sachs Warns Brazil Heading For Deep Troubl...
- Chinese Imports Plunge 17.6% Signaling Huge econom...
- Marc Faber: Economic Iceberg Dead Ahead
- America at the Brink - Free Trade Archaic Policy R...
- Currency Watch: #Japan Yens (sic) Better Days - #F...
- Bloomberg #NEWS - US Stocks Uncharted Waters; Cras...
- NEW Shanghai Tower Means End Nearing
- OCED Warns Australia Housing To Crash
- Billions Lost As Global Bonds Crash
- REALECONOMIK - Existential Insights Governing Phys...
- STOP “Trade” (Immigration Flood) Deal!
- ▼ June (21)