Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 17 June 2016
Goldman Sachs: Oil's Recovery Fragile
“But these findings embody more than numbers — they also are a symbol of the American spirit,” Giving USA Foundation Chair W. Keith Curtis said. “It’s heartening that people really do want to make a difference, and they’re supporting the causes that matter to them. Americans are embracing philanthropy at a higher level than ever before.”
Risk appetite fell to its lowest level in four years, consistent with recession, although growth and profit expectations hit a six-month high and inflation expectations a one-year high, BAML's global fund manager survey showed.
The press release didn't specifically mention the BUDD-e, Volkswagen's electric concept van, which was built to show off the company's Modular Electric Toolkit (abbreviated MEB in German). In January, Volkswagen's head of electronic development, Dr. Volkmar Tanneberger, told Car Magazine that a car very much like the BUDD-e would hit production in 2020.
Citi FX has released a scathing assessment of negative interest rate policies being implemented by central banks, describing the widespread economic experiment as the equivalent of letting doctors carry out untested surgical techniques on every patient in a hospital.
In a brief note sent to clients on Thursday night, Citi analyst Gregory Marks provides a brutal analysis of the policies, which are currently being implemented by, among others, the European Central Bank, Bank of Japan, and Sweden's Riksbank.
He invokes what he calls the "Havenstein experience" to attack the policy, basically arguing that we shouldn't trust the decisions of central bankers just because they are in a position of power.
Posted by Unknown at 08:00
- EYE on the World - Turn, Turn, Turn...
- Billions To Suffer As Potash Causes Surge In Food ...
- Shell Planning To Topple Exxon
- Oil Markets Share Concerns For Brexit
- Egyptian Gas BP's BIG Play
- Anarchy And Lootings Strike Hard in #Venezuela
- EYE on the World - Troubles in Paradise
- Goldman Sachs: Oil's Recovery Fragile
- BIG Troubles Ahead For #Toronto Real Estate
- Renewables Attracting Capital Says World Bank
- Oil Industry's Last Chapter
- China's Slowing Economy Affects Oil and Coal
- EYE on the World - Global Risks Rise
- Traders Bet On Oil Rally Surge
- China Forecasts 6.8% Growth 2016
- Natural Gas Up Sharply By 25%
- Jobs Report Draws Concerns From Yellen
- More Pain Expected For North Sea Oil
- ▼ June (18)
- ► 2015 (98)