Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Sunday, 14 August 2016
EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
" May You Live In Interesting Times"
One central fact about the global economy lurks just beneath the year’s remarkable headlines: Economic growth in advanced nations has been weaker for longer than it has been in the lifetime of most people on earth.
The United States is adding jobs at a healthy clip, as a new report showed Friday, and the unemployment rate is relatively low. But that is happening despite a long-term trend of much lower growth, both in the United States and other advanced nations, than was evident for most of the post-World War II era.
This trend helps explain why incomes have risen so slowly since the turn of the century, especially for those who are not top earners. It is behind the cheap gasoline you put in the car and the ultralow interest rates you earn on your savings. It is crucial to understanding the rise of Donald J. Trump, Britain’s vote to leave the European Union, and the rise of populist movements across Europe.
Posted by Unknown at 13:15
- Surprisingly, #Tesla Ignores Four Energy Storage O...
- 2050 World #Overpopulation To Reach TEN Billion, ...
- Another Future #Energy Answer Blowing In The Wind
- EYE on the World- Global Physics: Shrinking Pie Is...
- Struggling With $110B Debt Depresses Oilfield Ser...
- Huge Multi-Billion Dollar Industry Emerging - "Ren...
- More Troubles For BIG Oil As EV's Can Replace 90% ...
- Nissan's New Engine Could Replace Diesel
- Last Days For Oil Industry?
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- BIG Oil Facing Survival Issues As World Turns
- Mexico's Oil Decline Could Bring About Another Ven...
- REALITY CHECK: What Can Provide "Sustainable Futu...
- US Job Machine Grows Bolstering Confidence
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- Billions Targeted For Canadian Oil Sands
- UPS Switching Successfully To Alternative Fuels
- Expect Venezuela To Default On Loans In Near Futur...
- Singapore Banks' Loans Traumatized By Oil Markets
- OIL Majors Hit Skids As Price Slides To $40
- #Tesla Reports Staggering $293M Q2 Loss
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2015 (98)