Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Wednesday, 31 August 2016
Surprisingly, #Tesla Ignores Four Energy Storage Options
In research there is evolution, revolution and sometimes, what I call “retro revolution,” which happens when old methods have new applications. All three are in play in the world of electricity, and they are having an extraordinary effect on energy storage. The inability to store electricity has been a challenge since the time of Thomas Edison. Electricity is made and used in real time, putting huge pressure on utilities at particular times of the day. For much of the East Coast in summer, for example, the peak is in the evening, when people come home from work or play, crank up the air conditioning, flip on the lights, the TV and start cooking. In many cities, the subways operate at peak and the electricity supply is stretched. Traditionally, there have been two ways to deal with this. One is that utilities have some plant on standby, […]
Posted by Unknown at 10:50
- Surprisingly, #Tesla Ignores Four Energy Storage O...
- 2050 World #Overpopulation To Reach TEN Billion, ...
- Another Future #Energy Answer Blowing In The Wind
- EYE on the World- Global Physics: Shrinking Pie Is...
- Struggling With $110B Debt Depresses Oilfield Ser...
- Huge Multi-Billion Dollar Industry Emerging - "Ren...
- More Troubles For BIG Oil As EV's Can Replace 90% ...
- Nissan's New Engine Could Replace Diesel
- Last Days For Oil Industry?
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- BIG Oil Facing Survival Issues As World Turns
- Mexico's Oil Decline Could Bring About Another Ven...
- REALITY CHECK: What Can Provide "Sustainable Futu...
- US Job Machine Grows Bolstering Confidence
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- Billions Targeted For Canadian Oil Sands
- UPS Switching Successfully To Alternative Fuels
- Expect Venezuela To Default On Loans In Near Futur...
- Singapore Banks' Loans Traumatized By Oil Markets
- OIL Majors Hit Skids As Price Slides To $40
- #Tesla Reports Staggering $293M Q2 Loss
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2015 (98)