Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 16 August 2016
Nissan's New Engine Could Replace Diesel
Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co has come up with a new type of gasoline engine it says may make some of today’s advanced diesel engines obsolete. The new engine uses variable compression technology, which Nissan engineers say allows it at any given moment to choose an optimal compression ratio for combustion – a key factor in the trade-off between power and efficiency in all gasoline-fuelled engines. The technology gives the new engine the performance of turbo-charged gasoline engines while matching the power and fuel economy of today’s diesel and hybrid powertrains – a level of performance and efficiency the conventional gasoline engine has so far struggled to achieve. The potential breakthrough technology comes at a time when diesel engine technology has been tarnished by Volkswagen’s ( VOWG_p.DE ) emissions cheating scandal. The German […]
When you hear about the possible insufficiency, unreliability, or lack of resiliency of the U.S. power grid, your mind might naturally move toward the extreme, perhaps National Geographic’s Doomsday Preppers. Talks about what a U.S. power grid failure could really mean are also often likened to survivalist blogs that speak of building faraday cages and hoarding food, or possibly some riveting blockbuster movie about a well-intentioned government-sponsored genetically altered mosquito that leads to some zombie apocalypse.
The Greatest Threat to Our Freedoms: A Government of Scoundrels, Spies, Thieves, Ruffians, Rapists and Killers
We’re being held at gunpoint by a government of soldiers—a standing army. While Americans are being made to jump through an increasing number of hoops in order to exercise their Second Amendment right to own a gun, the government is arming its own civilian employees to the hilt with guns, ammunition and military-style equipment, authorizing them to make arrests, and training them in military tactics. Among the agencies being supplied with night-vision equipment, body armor, hollow-point bullets, shotguns, drones, assault rifles and LP gas cannons are the Smithsonian, U.S. Mint, Health and Human Services, IRS, FDA, Small Business Administration, Social Security Administration, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Education Department, Energy Department, Bureau of Engraving and Printing and an assortment of public universities.
As a consequence of persistently, banks are now looking to more old-fashioned methods of storing their money. Some financial institutions have already started experimenting with keeping physical cash, with Munich Re, the German insurer storing as much as €10 million in vaults.
Wealthy investors are stockpiling cash at levels we haven’t seen since 2001, in the wake of the Dot Com crash. The cash slush pile is larger even than in 2008 when investors fled the market during the Lehman collapse. According to a recent survey, large investors, including asset managers and institutional investors, have almost six percent of their holdings in cash. The amount of cash being squirreled away by just the world’s billionaires, not solely in the U.S., but worldwide, is estimated to beas high as $1.7 trillion dollars. That’s ten percent of the entire U.S. GDP.
Posted by Unknown at 07:30
- Surprisingly, #Tesla Ignores Four Energy Storage O...
- 2050 World #Overpopulation To Reach TEN Billion, ...
- Another Future #Energy Answer Blowing In The Wind
- EYE on the World- Global Physics: Shrinking Pie Is...
- Struggling With $110B Debt Depresses Oilfield Ser...
- Huge Multi-Billion Dollar Industry Emerging - "Ren...
- More Troubles For BIG Oil As EV's Can Replace 90% ...
- Nissan's New Engine Could Replace Diesel
- Last Days For Oil Industry?
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- BIG Oil Facing Survival Issues As World Turns
- Mexico's Oil Decline Could Bring About Another Ven...
- REALITY CHECK: What Can Provide "Sustainable Futu...
- US Job Machine Grows Bolstering Confidence
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- Billions Targeted For Canadian Oil Sands
- UPS Switching Successfully To Alternative Fuels
- Expect Venezuela To Default On Loans In Near Futur...
- Singapore Banks' Loans Traumatized By Oil Markets
- OIL Majors Hit Skids As Price Slides To $40
- #Tesla Reports Staggering $293M Q2 Loss
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2015 (98)