Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 19 July 2016
Oil Prices Heading Back To Poor House
In recent weeks the oil market has seen negative sentiment drive prices lower based on expectations of heightened output (some of which have been realized) from recent problem areas including Canada, Nigeria and Libya while refining margins have collapsed and Brexit has added to macro/demand concerns. Over the last two months speculators have trimmed net length by 32 percent in NYMEX WTI and reduced net length in ICE Brent by 21 percent. During WTI’s rally from $26.05 to $51.67 many traders assumed that a gasoline demand boom and falling non-OPEC+Russia production would accelerate a clearing of the global crude supply overhang and lead to higher prices. Instead, traders are looking at a more negative macro picture, a global glut of gasoline is weighing on the entire complex and fear of another move into the $30s is gaining momentum. • In our view, however, a protracted move […]
Netflix Inc.'s stock plunge, which is on course to be the second-biggest one-day price decline in its history, has wiped away nearly $6 billion in market value. The stock tumbled $13.96, or 14%, toward the lowest close since Feb. 8, after video streaming service reported second-quarter results late Monday. With about 428.3 million shares outstanding, according to FactSet, the selloff is shaving $5.98 billion from Netflix's market cap. Co-founder and Chief Executive Reed Hastings, who owned 6.16 million shares as of July 1, according to FactSet, could be losing about $86 million. The stock's tumble currently ranks second to the $14.06 loss it suffered on April 19, 2016--it lost about $6 billion in market cap on that day--after the company reported first-quarter results. Netflix's stock went public in May 2002.
After-hours: 85.950.11 (0.13%)
Posted by Unknown at 07:30
- Expect More Loan Defaults In Oil Patch Warns Ratin...
- Shell Reports 70% Shocking Plunge In Earnings
- Oil Companies Sputtering In Turbulent Markets
- Putin Happy With Reviving Russian Economy
- #OMG Outlook Terrible For Big Oil's Earnings
- Top Nuclear Physicist's "Dream of Peace" (Part...
- EYE on the World - "Between The Devil And Deep Blu...
- OIL Inventories Hit New HIGHs Crushing Bull's Mome...
- Few Signs China's Economy On The Mend
- Inter Oil May Be In Play With Exxon Moble Bid
- Oil Prices Heading Back To Poor House
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega Tr...
- US Oil Producers Want Trade Protection From Import...
- Can You Believe #China's GDP Booming Again?
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- Shale Overtakes Deepwater Oil While Prices Last
- South China Sea Could Impact Oil Markets
- Auto Industry Faces Headwinds As #Millennials Stop...
- Enron 2016: Saudi Oil Reserves Manipulated
- Bill Gates And Friends See Nuclear Revival?
- Canadian Economy Slowed By Bust In Alberta Oil Ind...
- No Room Left In Oil Prices
- US Auto Sales Hit Record
- Oil Rises As Supplies Tighten
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2015 (98)