Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 5 September 2016
Business As Usual (BAU) With US/ China #Climate Agreement
U.S. President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday outlined new plans for expanding their joint efforts on climate change, showcasing one of the few areas of agreement in an otherwise tense relationship between the two leaders. U.S. officials detailed the agreement reached by Messrs. Obama and Xi ahead of what is likely to be their final meeting before a new president enters the White House in January. The new steps include formal adoption by both the U.S. and China of the international climate-change agreement reached in Paris in December 2015, as well as a road map for achieving emissions reductions in commercial aircraft and for phasing out hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, a potent group of gases that are linked to climate change but aren’t covered by the Paris agreement. The moves cap three years of efforts by Messrs. Obama and Xi to advance climate-change initiatives, following […]
The collapse of a South Korean freight shipping line is starting to cause chaos and confusion at major ports around the Asia-Pacific region.
Hanjin — which is the seventh-biggest shipping company in the world — went into receivership late last week after its creditors rejected a restructuring plan.
While Australia is yet to feel the effects, Hanjin's fleet have been denied access to ports as stevedores demand payment of arrears and cash in advance.
Since Friday, the company has literally been all at sea, with 45 vessels denied access to ports in China, Japan, Singapore and India.
Posted by Unknown at 12:33
- EYE on the World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishmae...
- #Suncor Unloading Oil-Sands Assets
- #Enbridge Pays $28 BILLION For Spectra Energy
- #Volkswagen Scandal Persists With EU
- Norway Critical To #Europe's Future Gas Supply
- EYE on the World -` Intergalactic Fire Sale``
- Business As Usual (BAU) With US/ China #Climate Ag...
- Oil Business: #SHELL Needs A Strategic Answer Outs...
- #Russia Facing Stiff Competition From Middle East ...
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2015 (98)