Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 13 September 2016
EYE on the World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishmael
Without Gorilla Will There be Hope For ...?
Today’s IUCN Red List update also reports the decline of the Plains Zebra due to illegal hunting, and the growing extinction threat to Hawaiian plants posed by invasive species. Thirty eight of the 415 endemic Hawaiian plant species assessed for this update are listed as Extinct and four other species have been listed as Extinct in the Wild, meaning they only occur in cultivation.
The IUCN Red List now includes 82,954 species of which 23,928 are threatened with extinction.
Mammals threatened by illegal hunting
The Eastern Gorilla (Gorilla beringei) – which is made up of two subspecies - has moved from Endangered to Critically Endangered due to a devastating population decline of more than 70% in 20 years. Its population is now estimated to be fewer than 5,000. Grauer’s Gorilla (G. b. graueri), one subspecies of Eastern Gorilla – has lost 77% of its population since 1994, declining from 16,900 individuals to just 3,800 in 2015.
Posted by Unknown at 19:28
- EYE on the World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishmae...
- #Enbridge Pays $28 BILLION For Spectra Energy
- #Volkswagen Scandal Persists With EU
- Norway Critical To #Europe's Future Gas Supply
- EYE on the World -` Intergalactic Fire Sale``
- Business As Usual (BAU) With US/ China #Climate Ag...
- Oil Business: #SHELL Needs A Strategic Answer Outs...
- #Russia Facing Stiff Competition From Middle East ...
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2015 (98)