Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 6 September 2016
Norway Critical To #Europe's Future Gas Supply
Arctic pipeline As the EU has pushed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and lower the portion of energy that comes from nuclear sources, the greatest benefactors have been natural gas producers. The single biggest EEA benefactor has been Norway. According to the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate, hydrocarbon production on the Norwegian shelf is expected to remain relatively stable for the next 10 years. In the long-term, new discoveries will be crucial to the sustained production of Norwegian Oil and Gas. However, according to the Wall Street Journal, declining oil and gas revenues could prompt the country to tap into its sovereign wealth fund, as oil and gas fields contributed 29 percent less to government’s oil revenue for the first half of 2016. This discrepancy suggests Norway needs to look deeper to keep producing oil and gas at its current levels. Falling UK gas production has necessitated the UK to start […]
Central bank intrusions into markets. The Fed has helped the 1% but hurt most others. The Bank of Japan, Swiss Central Bank, and the EU are buying equities. Interest rates have been forced to the lowest levels in history. Economies are struggling even though central banks have aggressively “stimulated.” Perhaps the purpose of the stimulation was to boost the wealth of the 1%…
Posted by Unknown at 07:30
- EYE on the World - "Teacher Seeks Pupil" - Ishmae...
- #Suncor Unloading Oil-Sands Assets
- #Enbridge Pays $28 BILLION For Spectra Energy
- #Volkswagen Scandal Persists With EU
- Norway Critical To #Europe's Future Gas Supply
- EYE on the World -` Intergalactic Fire Sale``
- Business As Usual (BAU) With US/ China #Climate Ag...
- Oil Business: #SHELL Needs A Strategic Answer Outs...
- #Russia Facing Stiff Competition From Middle East ...
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2015 (98)