Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Thursday, 14 July 2016
Shale Overtakes Deepwater Oil While Prices Last
U.S. shale is the lowest cost option for new oil production and is likely to be more competitive than conventional offshore drilling, according to a new report from Wood Mackenzie. The U.S. shale industry has weathered the oil price downturn, tweaking drilling practices and cutting costs in order to stay in business. A new report from Wood Mackenzie finds that the industry is proving to be resilient and flexible in the face of the worst oil market crisis in three decades. The report concludes that U.S. shale companies have managed to cut costs by as much as 40 percent since 2014. Much of that comes from lower costs from equipment suppliers and oilfield services firms. But it also comes from improved productivity from the average shale well. Instead of drilling anywhere and everywhere, U.S. shale companies are getting better at finding the “sweet spots.” Intriguingly, the […]
Posted by Unknown at 07:00
- Expect More Loan Defaults In Oil Patch Warns Ratin...
- Shell Reports 70% Shocking Plunge In Earnings
- Oil Companies Sputtering In Turbulent Markets
- Putin Happy With Reviving Russian Economy
- #OMG Outlook Terrible For Big Oil's Earnings
- Top Nuclear Physicist's "Dream of Peace" (Part...
- EYE on the World - "Between The Devil And Deep Blu...
- OIL Inventories Hit New HIGHs Crushing Bull's Mome...
- Few Signs China's Economy On The Mend
- Inter Oil May Be In Play With Exxon Moble Bid
- Oil Prices Heading Back To Poor House
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega Tr...
- US Oil Producers Want Trade Protection From Import...
- Can You Believe #China's GDP Booming Again?
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- Shale Overtakes Deepwater Oil While Prices Last
- South China Sea Could Impact Oil Markets
- Auto Industry Faces Headwinds As #Millennials Stop...
- Enron 2016: Saudi Oil Reserves Manipulated
- Bill Gates And Friends See Nuclear Revival?
- Canadian Economy Slowed By Bust In Alberta Oil Ind...
- No Room Left In Oil Prices
- US Auto Sales Hit Record
- Oil Rises As Supplies Tighten
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2015 (98)