Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
Auto Industry Faces Headwinds As #Millennials Stop Buying
Few technological breakthroughs have had the social and economic impact of the automobile. It changed America’s geography, spawning suburbs, shopping malls and sprawl as far as the eye could see. It redefined how we work and play, from the daily commute to the weekend trek to the beach. It expanded the heavy industry — steel-making, car production — that made the Midwest the economy’s epicenter for decades. And, finally but not least, the car became the quintessential symbol of American mobility, status and independence. Now there are signs that the car and its many offshoots (SUVs, pickup trucks) are losing their grip on the American psyche and pocketbook. The car culture may be dying or, at any rate, slumping into a prolonged era of eclipse. The only question is whether the signs […]
Posted by Unknown at 09:56
- Expect More Loan Defaults In Oil Patch Warns Ratin...
- Shell Reports 70% Shocking Plunge In Earnings
- Oil Companies Sputtering In Turbulent Markets
- Putin Happy With Reviving Russian Economy
- #OMG Outlook Terrible For Big Oil's Earnings
- Top Nuclear Physicist's "Dream of Peace" (Part...
- EYE on the World - "Between The Devil And Deep Blu...
- OIL Inventories Hit New HIGHs Crushing Bull's Mome...
- Few Signs China's Economy On The Mend
- Inter Oil May Be In Play With Exxon Moble Bid
- Oil Prices Heading Back To Poor House
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega Tr...
- US Oil Producers Want Trade Protection From Import...
- Can You Believe #China's GDP Booming Again?
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- Shale Overtakes Deepwater Oil While Prices Last
- South China Sea Could Impact Oil Markets
- Auto Industry Faces Headwinds As #Millennials Stop...
- Enron 2016: Saudi Oil Reserves Manipulated
- Bill Gates And Friends See Nuclear Revival?
- Canadian Economy Slowed By Bust In Alberta Oil Ind...
- No Room Left In Oil Prices
- US Auto Sales Hit Record
- Oil Rises As Supplies Tighten
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2015 (98)