Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 22 March 2016
U.S. Existing Home Sales Plunge 7.1%
Sales of existing homes had stayed strong in spite of multiple headwinds, but February’s decline might signal more weakness ahead
Home resales plummet as high prices and tight inventory dog the market, bringing out more investors and fewer first-timers
America owes a debt to places like Williston which helped provide much needed economic support after the Great Recession. Perhaps nothing can be done to truly help boom towns like Williston – no one really has control over oil prices after all. But some actions like approving and expediting the building of new pipelines to carry crude from the Bakken to Cushing would certainly be a good start, and would be fitting way for the US to repay the debt it owes to the shale oil industry.
A dramatic unwind in the half dozen backdoor margin lending channels that had funneled an additional CNY1.5 trillion into equities brought the party to a thunderous end and by late July, the market was off by more than 30% from its peak.
Chinese officials had already begun to panic by mid-month and then, on the 27th, the bottom fell out.
“The Law Society is very concerned with the trend of expanding police powers without corresponding judicial and other safeguards,” he said. “In our view, such a trend represents an erosion of long-standing democratic institutions and individual rights.”
Mr Ulman said the laws affected a broad cross-section of the community and could be used, for example, against people protesting the removal of trees in Centennial Park.
Posted by Unknown at 06:35
- Top Economist Says #Bernienomics Great for Americ...
- China's New "Solidarnosc" Hits Streets
- U.S. Drug Prices Out-of-Control; Doctors Demand Ac...
- GOOD NEWS: EV's Spelling Certain End to Oil-Age
- Rockefellers Dump Exxon Over #Climate Deceptions
- Drunken Sailor's Budget Should Start Canada's Down...
- Puerto Rico Digging Debts of Despair
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Plunge 7.1%
- China Dumping US T- Bonds Could Force FED Policy?
- Subprime Slime Sequel - The Return of Stupidity Ba...
- Heartland #Iowa Farmers Heading for Cleaners
- American Economic Anger Driving Elections - Mad as...
- OIL Prices Promise Volatility for Months Ahead
- China on Verge of Massive Labor Unrest - Protests...
- Reality Check: Saudi Arabia is Going Broke!
- BIG Oil Stocks Good Long-term #Investments?
- IMF Confirms Global #Economy Crashing
- New Generations Suffer Growing Wealth Gap
- Americans' Lousy #Jobs Grow - NO Raises?
- Korean Nuclear War Signals Rattles West
- Financial Advisors - What EVIL Lurks?
- Panic Grows as Moody's Cuts China's Rating Outlook...
- Top British Banker Dooms #EUROZONE
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (98)