Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Tuesday, 8 March 2016
New Generations Suffer Growing Wealth Gap
The full scale of the financial rout facing millennials is revealed today in exclusive new data that points to a perfect storm of factors besetting an entire generation of young adults around the world.
A combination of debt, joblessness, globalisation, demographics and rising house prices is depressing the incomes and prospects of millions of young people across the developed world, resulting in unprecedented inequality between generations.
A Guardian investigation into the prospects of millennials – those born between 1980 and the mid-90s, and often otherwise known as Generation Y – has found they are increasingly being cut out of the wealth generated in western societies.
Recently it occurred to me that the wave pool provides a metaphor for a complex, but disquieting phenomena that I've have been writing about at Oil-price.net for some time now -for previous articles see 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
For anyone who has read one of these pieces you'll know how I have described that every three to four years volatility in the price of oil surges upwards as if spurred by an unseen wave machine.
Winter here is changing rapidly. Of the six warmest November-to-January seasons in Alaska since 1925, three have been in a row, including this one. Anchorage this year had its fourth-warmest February on record — at 29.9 degrees, almost 10 degrees above average — with little snow for weeks.
On the Republican side, Ben Carson was asked about Obama’s decision last year to “leave 10,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan” indefinitely. That was in November 2015, and Carson dodged the question, shifting to a question of his own — on humiliation as counterterrorism — that he posed as an answer. “How do we make them look like losers?” he asked, arguably elevating the discourse on foreign policy in this most humiliating of election campaigns.
- Top Economist Says #Bernienomics Great for Americ...
- China's New "Solidarnosc" Hits Streets
- U.S. Drug Prices Out-of-Control; Doctors Demand Ac...
- GOOD NEWS: EV's Spelling Certain End to Oil-Age
- Rockefellers Dump Exxon Over #Climate Deceptions
- Drunken Sailor's Budget Should Start Canada's Down...
- Puerto Rico Digging Debts of Despair
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Plunge 7.1%
- China Dumping US T- Bonds Could Force FED Policy?
- Subprime Slime Sequel - The Return of Stupidity Ba...
- Heartland #Iowa Farmers Heading for Cleaners
- American Economic Anger Driving Elections - Mad as...
- OIL Prices Promise Volatility for Months Ahead
- China on Verge of Massive Labor Unrest - Protests...
- Reality Check: Saudi Arabia is Going Broke!
- BIG Oil Stocks Good Long-term #Investments?
- IMF Confirms Global #Economy Crashing
- New Generations Suffer Growing Wealth Gap
- Americans' Lousy #Jobs Grow - NO Raises?
- Korean Nuclear War Signals Rattles West
- Financial Advisors - What EVIL Lurks?
- Panic Grows as Moody's Cuts China's Rating Outlook...
- Top British Banker Dooms #EUROZONE
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (98)