Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Thursday, 10 March 2016
BIG Oil Stocks Good Long-term #Investments?
Market watchers are announcing the demise of the oil majors. Not for the first time. According to Jilles van den Beukel, former geoscientist with Shell, the oil companies are indeed seeing their world shrinking. But they are not dead yet: their reason for being – the world’s demand for oil and gas – is still there.
NGO’s refer to the oil majors as slowly moving dinosaurs, sitting on stranded assets that cannot be (fully) produced. They maintain that their shares are massively overvalued and that the majors should rapidly change their business model or perish. Financial analysts are worried about high costs, future oil demand and low reserve replacement ratios. They point out that the companies should prepare for an oil price that stays lower for longer rather than to keep on repeating that the current low oil prices are not sustainable. Are things really that bad for the majors?
Credit rating agency Moody's warned on Tuesday there could be another wave of sovereign and corporate downgrades if a wider global economic slowdown started to take place.
European government bonds extended gains from Monday while the region’s stocks declined as data confirmed economic growth slowed in the second half of 2015, underpinning the case for more stimulus from the European Central Bank.
The Paris-based research body said its gauges of future economic activity—which are based on information available for January—continue to point to slowdowns in the U.S., the U.K., Canada and Russia, but now also suggest growth is set to ease in Germany and Brazil.
Government bond yields in Japan on Tuesday fell to record lows, and the ripple effect pushed down yields in the U.S., Germany and the U.K.http://www.wsj.com/articles/government-bond-yields-in-u-s-europe-japan-drop-1457449179
- Top Economist Says #Bernienomics Great for Americ...
- China's New "Solidarnosc" Hits Streets
- U.S. Drug Prices Out-of-Control; Doctors Demand Ac...
- GOOD NEWS: EV's Spelling Certain End to Oil-Age
- Rockefellers Dump Exxon Over #Climate Deceptions
- Drunken Sailor's Budget Should Start Canada's Down...
- Puerto Rico Digging Debts of Despair
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Plunge 7.1%
- China Dumping US T- Bonds Could Force FED Policy?
- Subprime Slime Sequel - The Return of Stupidity Ba...
- Heartland #Iowa Farmers Heading for Cleaners
- American Economic Anger Driving Elections - Mad as...
- OIL Prices Promise Volatility for Months Ahead
- China on Verge of Massive Labor Unrest - Protests...
- Reality Check: Saudi Arabia is Going Broke!
- BIG Oil Stocks Good Long-term #Investments?
- IMF Confirms Global #Economy Crashing
- New Generations Suffer Growing Wealth Gap
- Americans' Lousy #Jobs Grow - NO Raises?
- Korean Nuclear War Signals Rattles West
- Financial Advisors - What EVIL Lurks?
- Panic Grows as Moody's Cuts China's Rating Outlook...
- Top British Banker Dooms #EUROZONE
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2015 (98)