Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 22 April 2016
Silicon Valley Faces Massive Layoff Carnage
Said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich in an email today to employees, “These are not changes I take lightly. We are saying goodbye to colleagues who have played an important role in Intel’s success. We are deeply committed to helping our employees through this transition and will do so with the utmost dignity and respect,” and promised more details soon.
Here we are six weeks later. IBM has said little more about the layoffs publicly, yet they don’t appear to be over. The March round appears to have been the beginning, not the end. A Facebook group, Watching IBM, is gathering reports from around the world. These dispatches are by no means comprehensive, but are at least painting a rough picture of what is going on.
The compact is a historic, and rare, regulatory framework. Unlike the divisive water-sharing laws for the Colorado River and others in the West, the Great Lakes compact includes language that emphasizes sustainability, transparency, conservation and efficiency.
"The compact is more about governing the resource collectively as a common pool for the public domain," said Jenny Kehl, a professor at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, who studies water resource issues
Educating women improves the welfare of families as they become empowered to contribute to the financial success of their household—which in turn creates more opportunities and resources available for their children.
Posted by Unknown at 08:45
- US Economy Just Sputtering Along
- Financial Structure Overhaul Possible?
- Goldman Pegs Oil Between $20 -40 in New Industry O...
- From Oil Sands to "Solar Skills"
- Iran Poised to Garner Market Share in #OIL
- Silicon Valley Faces Massive Layoff Carnage
- Why So Many Secret High Level #Meetings?
- Venezuela Considered a Time Bomb
- Brazil Could Trigger More Turmoil
- #Oil Plunges with No Deal in Doha
- GOLDMAN SACHS - Not Too Big to Jail
- Top IMF Economist Says Japan Headed for Insolvency...
- Peabody Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Becoming Failed State Despite Oil Riches...
- Moody's Slashes Credit for Three Oil Majors
- Russia's Economy Set For Growth - World Bank
- Turmoil Strikes #Calgary Realty Market
- Central Banks Can't Go Broke? Hmm...
- Tesla Sales Soar to 276,000 as New Age Dawns
- American Profits Excessive: Business Needs to Comp...
- 2015 Sets Record Investment in Renewables
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2015 (98)